3.3.1 Methodological Foundations for Measuring the Socio-economic Characteristics of Creative Industries and the Creative Class
Context of Research Project within a Subject of Human Capital
Developing and supporting creative industries have a great impact on the economy and society, including the identification and replication of ‘hidden innovations’ and business models, the development of small and medium-sized enterprises and job creation, export diversification, increasing inclusiveness and quality of life by ensuring equal access of the population to cultural goods, as well as the growth of the quality of human potential by attracting talents and forming in-demand competencies.
Within the framework of the research project ‘Methodological Foundations for Measuring the Socio-economic Characteristics of Creative Industries and the Creative Class’, approaches to measuring the creative economy, assessing its scale, structure, dynamics of development of creative industries and creative class, their contribution to economic development and human potential development, as well as the problems of public administration and the development of effective policies supporting organizations and individuals working in this sector, are studied
Developing and testing theoretical and methodological approaches to measuring and evaluating key socio-economic characteristics of creative industries and the creative class at the national, regional and local levels on the example of Russia
- Developing and testing theoretical and methodological approaches to measuring and evaluating the creative economy
- Creating a methodological basis and conducting a comparative study of the creative potential of cities
- Forming a theoretical and empirical basis for the study of socio-economic characteristics of the creative class
A system of statistical classifications of creative industries has been developed. Based on it, a quantitative empirical analysis of the scale, structure and dynamics of the development of the creative economy in Russia and a comparative analysis with other countries (USA, UK, Germany, France, Australia) has been carried out, taking into account the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
A comparative study of the creative potential of cities has been conducted, scientifically based recommendations have been developed and systematized for improving public policy in the field of support for creative industries at the city level for each of the creative industries, divided into financial and non-financial support measures
A conceptual model has been developed and quantitative estimates of the scale, dynamics and socio-economic characteristics of the creative class in Russia have been obtained
- Bredikhin S., Vlasova V., Gavrilova N., Gershman M., Gokhberg L., Demyanova A., Ivanova I., Popova Y. Development of Creative Industries in Russia: Key Indicators. (RU) Scientific Digest, Issue No. 1. 2021
- Tyurchev K., Gershman M., Demyanova A., Kutsenko E. Effects of the Coronacrisis for the Creative Economy. (RU) Express information October 2021.
- Boos V., Gershman M., Kutsenko E. Creative Specializations of Russian Cities (RU) Scientific Digest, Special Issue, 2022
- Gavrilova N., Gershman M., Thurner T. Policy challenges and recommendations in support of Moscow’s creative industries – viewpoints of practitioners // Creative Industries Journal. April 2022
Creative Global Talks Conference (Moscow, Russia, February 25, 2021):
Gershman M. Measurement of Creative Industries on the Example of Moscow
Third International Baltic Cultural Forum (Moscow, Russia, February 26, 2021):
Gershman M. Creative Industries: Assessment of Contribution to the Economy of Moscow
XXII April International Scientific Conference on Economic and Social Development (Moscow, Russia, April 4-22, 2021): round table ‘State Support Of Creative Industries in the Regions of Russia’ (04/16/2021)
X Yugra Industrial and Investment Forum (Moscow, Russia, October 7, 2021):
Gershman M. Moscow's Creative Economy: Assessment of Key Parameters
International Scientific Conference Creative Economy: on the Way to Post-Crisis Recovery and Sustainable Development (Moscow, Russia, October 27, 2021)
International Forum of Young Researchers of Creative Economy (Moscow, Russia, October 28, 2021)
Conference Creative Economy: Towards Post-Crisis Recovery and Sustainable Development (Moscow, Russia, October 27-28, 2021):
Gershman M. Russia's Creative Economy: New Developments and Key Indicators
Round table Creative Industries as Drivers of Regional Development (Moscow, Russia, November 19, 2021):
Gershman M. Creative Economy of Russia: Development Indicators.
VIII Annual National Exhibition ‘VUZPROMEXPO’: round table ‘NCMU: the Unity of Traditions and Innovations is the Key to Effective Scientific Achievements’ (Sochi, Russia, December 8, 2021):
Gershman M. Creative Economy: Approaches to Measurement and Evaluation.